New York Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
The New York Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners sponsors events for our members and guests to help foster the goals of the chapter by educating members and raising awareness of fraud detection and fraud elimination. Attendees can earn valuable CPE Credits for participating in some of these educational events sponsored by the Chapter.
NYCFE November 20th, Fraud Fall Conference, Part II, Virtual Event, 4 CPEs
The NYCFE Webinar Series is pleased to present our
Fall Fraud Conference for 2020!
This year we are presenting two half-day conferences:
October 16th and November 20th*.
*November 20th includes 2 Ethics CPEs
Attendees will be entitled to 4 CPE credits at each conference
Please note: Once you register through our chapter, you will be emailed instructions, and be required to register through the Webinar provider.
We have some 30th Anniversary prizes and contest to commemorate our Chapter's milestone!
First 30 registrants will also be part of a special raffle!
Special Member's Only Raffle!
Potential CFE Prep Exam giveaway for NYCFE Chapter Members (dependent on how many there are)
NYCFE Member Rate, 4 CPEs, $60
Non-NYCFE Member, 4 CPEs, $100
I.) 3:00PM - 4:50PM
Murder, Money Laundering and the Demise of Pablo Escobar
Learning points will include:
- How a CFE's pursuit of fraud can be similar to a DEA agent's pursuit of drug traffickers and money launderers.
- How Murphy and Peña approached their investigation and eventually changed their approach to disrupt Escobar's money laundering activities.
- How Escobar was capable of evading capture for so long.
Ms. Emily Primeaux, Writer/Editor
Ms. Primeaux's full biography is available Here.
4:50PM - 5:15PM BREAK & Raffles!
II.) 5:15PM - 7:00PM
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Behavioral Ethics: With So Much Information Accessible, What Are The Implications for Investigators? (2 Ethics CPEs)
Between social media, cookies, search histories, and algorithms, organizations have access to detailed behavioral profiles of hundreds of millions of people, albeit not always with the person’s knowledge and consent. In this interactive block of instruction, participants will discuss the ethicality and utility of leveraging such information in the investigative process. (2 hrs)
Learning Objectives: After this block of instruction, the participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast different artificial intelligence methods.
- Compare/contrast System 1 and System 2 as it relates to artificial intelligence and behavioral ethics.
- Assess the potential ethical implications of AI for investigators.
- Given scenarios, evaluate the ethical duties for investigators when deciding whether to utilize information collected from victims, witnesses, and suspects without their consent and knowledge.
Mr. Bret Hood, Founder, 21st Century Learning & Consulting
Awarded: ACFE’s James R. Baker Speaker of the Year in 2020!
Mr. Hood's full biography is available Here.
We continue our 2020 NYCFE raffle. NYCFE Chapter Members who attend four or more NYCFE chapter events will qualify to be entered to win a FREE ACFE Conference registration ticket of their choice.
(NYCFE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.)
$60.00 Member Ticket - Fraud Fall Conference Part II
$100.00 Guest Ticket - Fraud Fall Conference Part II