Seminar Terms & Conditions
Seminar Terms & Conditions
Make sure you have read and understand our terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to read the terms on our website carefully and to raise any problems with us before you make your booking. Submission of a booking reservation on-line or via email registration is regarded as a firm booking and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Event Registration Fees: Please note that payment of fees must be made in full and in cleared funds prior to attending the event. Checks should be made payable to ‘The NYCFE’ and should be received at least 3 business days prior to the event if mailing the checks, or they can be presented at the door. Cash and credit cards are accepted at the door as well.
2. Cancellation Policy and No Shows: If you have registered and/or paid for an event and you need to cancel, you MUSTemail [email protected] no later than 10 days prior to the event to request a refund and/or cancel your registration. The Chapter must confirm event registrations with the venue within 10 days of the event and any changes after this time period can become a financial cost to the Chapter. The Chapter reserves the right to make the final determination on what percentage charge/refund will be returned for cancellations within 10 days of the event. The default condition is that cancellations made within 10 days of the event will be charged at 100% and/or no refunds will be allowed. In the event the Chapter determines that partial charges or refunds will be allowed, they will be made on a case by case basis. Registrations cancelled within 10 days of the event are subject to being charged up to and including the entire registration cost. Refunds requested within 10 days of the event are subject to being prorated up to and including the entire registration cost.
In the event an attendee does not show up to the event, the registration cost will be forfeited. If payment at the door was the selected method, then the attendee will be billed for the full cost of the event. The Chapter reserves the right to bar from future registration any attendees who routinely register and fail to pay and/or attend the event.
3. Liability:The registration fees do not include the insurance of participants against personal accidents, sickness, cancellations by any party, theft, loss or damage to personal possessions. The New York Chapter of the ACFE is not liable, and the attendee will not hold The New York Chapter of the ACFE liable or responsible for any personal accidents, sickness, cancellations by any party, theft, loss or damage to personal possessions. Participants are strongly advised to take out adequate personal insurance to cover travel, accommodation, cancellation and personal effects.
4. Speaker/Topic Substitution: The Chapter reserves the right to substitute the speaker and/or topic prior to the event with or without notice. This situation may occur if the speaker is unable to attend. This substitution may occur on the day of the event. While the Chapter will attempt to communicate speaker/topic changes to attendees in advance, this may not always be possible. Regardless of the reason for the substitution, the attendee acknowledges that refunds will not be allowed.
5. Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits: The New York Chapter of the ACFE presents training under the following training numbers: NASBA No. 127222. While the Chapter presents under this number, the Chapter does not warrant that certain or specific training events will always be guaranteed by various certifying bodies [AICPA, CFE, etc.]. If an attendee wants absolute assurance of guaranteed acceptance of the training credit, it is the responsibility of each attendee to contact the particular certifying body and present the training event and training synopsis for evaluation. While the Chapter will make every effort to ensure that training events will qualify as CPE, certifying bodies have the final say on whether a training credit is accepted. In the event a training event is certified for additional training credits, such as the New York BAR Association, etc., then this information will be displayed at registration.
6. Early Bird & Group Discounts: In the event that a training event offers early bird discounts, group discounts, or coupons; these discounts are not cumulative and cannot be used in conjunction with one another. The attendee(s) are encouraged to select the discount that offers the largest price break. As an example, assume a group discount of 20% is available as is an early bird discount of 15%. If a group were to register, they could take advantage of the early bird discount or group discount, but not both. Discounts may be discontinued at any time, with or without advance notice.
7. Venue Access: The New York Chapter of the ACFE reserves the right to refuse admittance or remove from the premises anyone who is disruptive to the event, attendees and/or the presenter. If an individual is removed from the event due to disruptive or obnoxious behaviour, the attendee agrees that they forfeit their registration fee and are not entitled to a refund. On its own, the venue may also deem to remove an individual from the venue and/or event for any reason. As above, if an attendee is removed from the premises, they are not entitled a refund.
8. Photos & Privacy: Attendees agree to their pictures, videos, and/or voice being taken or recorded by the Chapter, other attendees, speakers, the venue, and/or the media. Attendees also agree that there will be no compensation or rights attached to such recordings and this notice applies to all events in which the attendee is present. If the attendee would not like their photos, videos, or voice recordings used, the attendee must notify the chapter at the event. Attendees also authorize the Chapter to share the attendee list with event sponsors. Information that will be shared will be limited to name, company, title, and email address. If an attendee does not want their information shared with the sponsor, the attendee must notify the Chapter on the day of the event.
9. Annual Membership Dues: Chapter dues allow the member to attend member only events and receive member discounted pricing. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that their membership dues are current.