About the New York Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is the world's largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with more than 80,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud world-wide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objecticity within the profession.
ABOUT THE NEW YORK CHAPTER
The New York Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners was formed in 1990 and is dedicated to fraud prevention education through meetings, seminars, workshops and professional networking opportunities for our members.
The New York Chapter #14 is one of the 100+ national and international Chapters of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Since 1990, Chapter members have attended over 100 meetings, featuring guest speakers, and attended over 25 fraud prevention seminars, workshops, etc., while earning crucial "Continuing Professional Education" credits (CPE) required to maintain the CFE designation.
The New York Chapter is proud of being New York City's foremost fraud prevention / detection organizations.
A Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is a specialist in the detection and/or deterrence of a wide variety of fraudulent conduct -- from discovering employees or executives who misappropriate company assets to assisting investors who are defrauded in the course of commercial transactions. CFE's can be found working as: captain's of industry, accountants, auditors, attorneys, security/loss prevention administrators, investigators, academicians, and law enforcement officials (municipal, state and federal)
Certified Fraud Examiners are employed by most major corporations and governmental agencies in the United States and throughout the world. CFE's are charged with investigating a wide variety of allegations of fraud as either in-house agents or as external consultants. CFE's are also utilized in the private sector, where they provide investigative and consulting services to law firms, business enterprises, and others in the areas of litigation support, fraud investigation, and fraud prevention.
All CFE's must meet the rigorous criteria for admission to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. For information on becoming a CFE contact the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners at their web site http://www.acfe.com, or by telephone at 1-800-245-3321.
OUR MEMBERS INCLUDE:
- CEO's, CFO's, COO's, Comptrollers, CPA's, Auditors, Accountants
- Investigators (private & public), Security / Loss Prevention executives
- Law Enforcement executives
- Academicians, College Students
A member DOES NOT have to be a CFE to belong to the New York Chapter - we offer a variety of membership categories.
- TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - The NYCFE provides its members with several opportunities throughout the year to learn from leaders of the anti-fraud industry. Through a variety of training, presentations, seminars and workshop, members broaden their professional knowledge while earning CPE credits required to maintain the CFE credential. NYCFE training programs are offered at a discount to members.
- MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS – Several times a year, members earn 2 CPE credits during training events.
- SEMI-ANNUAL FULL DAY FRAUD AND ETHICS SEMINARS - Hosted by the NYCFE in association with Long Island University's School of Business and Taxation, Brooklyn Campus, members received CPE 8 credits for each seminar attended, including 2 Ethics credits during the Spring Seminar.
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES – NYCFE members are part of a network of top industry professionals with a willingness to share years of experience and resources and to foster anti-fraud principals among others in their varied professions. This network provides the membership with valuable anti-fraud knowledge and potential career opportunities.
- MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY – The membership directory contains a searchable listing of business and contact information with areas of specialty to assist members in finding the right resources for their anti-fraud needs.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATES - NYCFE, in conjunction with IPSLA, periodically provides its members with updates of key proposed legislation that affects issues related to privacy, fraud investigation, private investigation and other related areas.
- CONSULTING REFERRALS - Through networking opportunities within the Chapter, NYCFE members are exposed to potential consulting and partnering opportunities
To become a member of the New York City of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, fill out our online application.